Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Day 9 Loving Every Moment

Somehow I missed everything happening with Patrick Collins. Not that it's been more than a few days but I have been quite complacent with Facebook lately. Today I had a great conversation with Cassidy and helped her send around a message at work regarding the bottle redemption for Pat. It reminded me to really stop and try and appreciate life. There is so much on a daily basis that we take for granted and could be gone in an instant, mainly our health and loved ones.

It reminds me of this quote, "No matter how good or bad you have it, wake up each day thankful for your life. Someone, somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs."

I am going to try harder to not take the little (or big) things in life for granted.

Tonight I have dinner with your family (our family) and I am going to empty their garage of the bottles that fill it up to bring to the redemption center tomorrow. I ran home at lunch to work on the quilt and went to the dollar store at 4 to see if they had any fall decorations. They had plenty of Halloween items but that really isn't my style. I packaged up Mr. Liam and headed out to your parents in your beastly truck!

Your mom had dug out the quilt she had started working on 20 something years ago. We found all of the various pieces and I committed to taking it home to work on. She also gave me all of her old fabric, one of your Tshirts and your father's old sweatshirts. She made the most fabulous Chicken and Dumplings for dinner and Brownies with Chocolate Frosting for dessert. Your Dad was gone to a board meeting at the school for most of the night, but made it home in time to see me gorging myself on brownies :)!

Home we trekked in time to FaceTime with you. We talked about some of the most fabulous things, mostly the renovations we would be completing on your house. We did a lot of laughing, joking, smiling and enjoying just staring at each other. I miss you babe, a little more every day!

And Jeffery, I Blue Heart love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment