Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Day 15 A Couple of Boobs

You and I are so similar. It is crazy sometimes how we will talk around and around, neither of us making a decision for fear that the other will be disappointed. Well today, our discussion involved Halloween costumes.

What should we be?
Should we match?
Would you like that?
Should we wait?
Should I buy one now?
Should I make one?

Oh Jeepers! I give up! I'm going to wait until you come home and all but decide for me because I can't possibly talk about it another moment. Worse comes to worst we'll just be "Boobs!"
It worked well enough for them!

Today, I went to Pizza Hut for lunch with Mom. I think I need to do this at least once a week to catch up on each other, work, and life. It is so refreshing to just sit there and chat knowing that we are both being 100% honest with each other, I think I love that most.

After work, I packed up the car and headed out to our rental to begin work on the closets. Babe! You need to learn how to throw things out! Now, I know my mother thinks I'm terrible at this, but honestly, that's just because she hadn't yet met you! ;)

I found things in your closet I couldn't imagine why anyone would have. I found an entire trunk full of hundreds of knives. I found life-size princess puzzle mats. I found Valentines from 7th grade. I found hockey gear, old ratty clothing, fireworks, smoke bombs, dishes and cords a plenty. Mostly I have so much randomness in that closet I'm not sure there will ever be a place for some of it. I found magazines by the boxful. It is a TON of work and at times can be quite overwhelming.

Your parents stopped by during the worst of it and I know they couldn't help but notice my anxiety. It would be difficult enough for you to sort through your stuff and make decisions about what to do with things; knowing what they mean to you. It is even harder for someone with little knowledge on the subject to randomly sort, organize and toss. I'm doing my best, but jeeze that closet was HUGE!

Your Momma dropped of a pillow Moose had destroyed for me to attempt to salvage. Thankfully the front was still intact so I'll just make a new back and sew it back up.

On my way home, with a car full of boxes I turned on the radio and started singing along as usual. Except this time, I noticed something different. Although I often listen to the radio, I rarely listen to country anymore. To be honest, it has been years since I've been able to listen to a country station without being completely overwhelmed with emotion. I used to listen to it all of the time. It was my favorite type of music and I was proud of that! But then it got hard. Every song upset me, every song reminded me of what had happened and every song forced me to relive all of those painful moments. Every song reminded me of the life I was forced to walk away from and eventually I stopped listening to it.

Finding myself driving down the road listening to country music and loving it was such a huge step for me. It reminded me of how amazing, wonderful and special you are and how lucky I am to have you. For the first time, every song reminds me of you, every song makes me laugh, every song makes me happy and every song is now enjoyable. I have you to thank for that! It reminds me of this quote:

"Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together."

I LOVE that we fell together.

And Jeffery, I Blue Heart love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment