Sunday, November 17, 2013

Day 13 What I Love About Sundays

I woke up this morning to put the finishing touches (i.e. binding) on Jenn's quilt. I finished the quilt very early and started scanning Facebook. What to my amazement did I find? Omega Breakfast in Bed!!!
I was so very excited! I called up the first active Omega sister's phone number I could find and ordered me some breakfast! In fact, I ordered some for Mom and Bry Bry and two for Liam and I. Uncle Chris ended up eating the leftovers when he woke up many hours later. It was delicious, a small donation and I didn't have to make it, what a way to start the day!
I eventually put myself together, found my red polka-dot dress and out the door we went. I dropped Liam off at Mom's and went out to your parents to prepare for the shower. I'd like to remind you that last night was the Fire Department's Party so those pictures were a sight to see! It looks like they had a blast, I cannot wait until you are home next year for it, we will have a lot of fun.

Your mom ran around the house grabbing an assortment of items to send home with me. She produced some VERY UGLY minions from Norway, a gorgeous German beer stein, a charactature of yours truly, travel coffee mugs from the Fire Department, mini tape measures and your plaque (name spelled wrong, don't worry, I hear they're fixing it.)

The car ride to the shower was filled with lots of jovial conversation and your Momma and I had a wonderful time at the shower. We may or may not have played a little joke on you. You're always double, triple and quadruple checking that everything is ok with me. So true to form, hehe, I had your Momma ask you if everything was ok with me. It may have back-fired on us a little because you were overly worried about it. Of course I'm fine love. I have you, I have your family, I have my family, I have Liam and I've never been more happy.

When we confessed to our folly you responded with the most loving and adorable text to your Mother:

"I love her very much and the thought of something being wrong just scares me. Especially when I'm all the way at work. I love you Momma. I love her. I can not be without her."

Awwww, I love you hunny! Worry not, I'm right here, where you left me, waiting for you to come home. Besides, this is what my Mother wrote me today:

"I'm so glad you have him, now don't break my heart."

It seems we have an enormous support network and love surrounding us. I have no worries what-so-ever about us. I love you sweety.

Jenn opened her quilt and absolutely LOVED it! I mean who wouldn't, it's gorgeous. I think I would have had a terrible time giving it up if it didn't have Hunter's name on it. Silly me! ;)
We collected your Father from the bar and ventured home! He was a funny sight to see. For some reason he makes me miss you even more (not that you guys look similar or anything).

And Jeffery, I Blue Heart love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment