Thursday, November 21, 2013

Day 17 I'll Fight for You

Today has been a difficult day for a whole host of reasons other than missing you. Although I often miss you, I know you are coming home to me and that makes everything ok. Today, it was work. Work, work, work. Not the difficult kind, not the accounting kind; the PEOPLE kind. I'm pretty sure the people kind is the worst kind of work!

Everyone here has somehow lost the meaning of life, of work, of friendship and of being cordial. Everyone hates everyone else, and a select few are constantly behind you, waiting for you to slip up so they can quickly stab you in the back and take you for the clothes you're wearing. It's sad, it's sad and it's exhausting!

Today was one of those days when my will completely fell apart and I just gave in. I gave in to being sad, I gave in to being upset, I gave in to caring why everyone hated eachother and I decided to share all. Because honestly, at this point, what have I got to lose?

"When you have to start compromising yourself and your morals for the people around you, it’s probably time to change the people around you."

I think I should have listened to this quote a long time ago. Too often we hold on to things that are broken, people that are broken, relationships that are broken rather than walking away or seriously fixing them. This is something Sarah and I have learned together for the last few years. We have learned to walk away from the people that let us walk away and to fight for the people that don't. Her and I have learned that we're the fighting kind. We love hard and we fight hard; when we have a good reason of course.

I've known from the beginning, I'll always fight for you, because I know you'll be right there fighting for me too!

And Jeffery, I Blue Heart love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment