Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Day 9 Your Mommy

Today, Angel and I had the absolute best conversation about you, about us! She started the conversation with, "I have to tell you something and I hope it doesn't upset you." OMG I immediately started to freak out! That said, she then proceeded to follow up with the most adorable and compassionate sentences I have ever read! Things like:

"It brought tears to my eyes, I'm so happy for you and JJ to have found each other!"

...and...

"I can only hope that this is it for you two because you seem to be so in love with each other!"

...and finally...

"You are the type of woman who I would want my son to have in his life!!"

...followed by...

"I would love to have you and Liam in our lives!"

I'm not sure what I was expecting following that initial sentence but the above definitely wasn't it. I don't often talk about my previous marriage and especially on here, but Jeffery you should know what this simple conversation meant to me.

I have never felt so loved by a significant other's mother, I love your mother! In the past, I think the biggest struggle I had was fitting in and being wanted by my mother-in-law. I didn't realize it then, but it was because I hadn't found my person. I know now that when you find your person, everything works! Not some things, not most things, but everything, and if it doesn't then you easily find a way to fix it. The love I now have for your family and especially your mother brings tears to my eyes, especially after what I've been through. I will always be grateful, and especially to her. I am grateful for her giving me you, her loving me, and her accepting and loving Liam. I couldn't have asked for a better future mother-in-law.

Angel, if you're reading this... I love you!

And Jeffery, I Blue Heart love you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment