Monday, September 16, 2013

Day 7 Love is Like Fine Wine, It Gets Better with Time

Liam refused to smile, therefore everyone decided to join him and frown.

We went to a winery today and I bought two bottles that I can't wait to share with you! I bought a Marquette and a Cabernet Sauvignon, I tasted both while I was there and they are delish!! I doubt I will open many bottles while you are gone, let alone one. It's just not the same without you here.

Last night you sent me this quote...

"When you fall in love, it is a temporary madness. It erupts like an earthquake, and then it subsides. And when it subsides, you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have become so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the desire to mate every second of the day. It is not lying awake at night imagining that he is kissing every part of your body. No... don't blush. I am telling you some truths. For that is just being in love, which any of us can convince ourselves we are. Love itself is what is left over, when being in love has burned away."
-Captain Corellis Mandolin

So there I was, in bed, wide awake and thinking. Like any good analytical thinker, I was trying to decipher this notion and apply it to my situation, line by line. I needed to know what I thought we were and I needed to know if this was your way of asking me to think about it. You see, you wrote nothing when you sent me this email. You just sent it. We never talked about it, you never asked and I never inquired. So although I have no idea what you think, here are my thoughts...

I think when you fall in love it is absolute madness and quite possibly the best part. Sometimes, I think that is the best part of your job because I get to feel those butterflies every time you return. Perhaps that is what is wrong with society today, when we are gone it is for short periods and we're never really gone and when we're home it is also for short periods and we're constantly dwelling on what will happen the next day while we are away. You get to leave the gone, gone and spend those moments lost with me. When you are gone, there is no immediate return, so you do that fully too.

I'm not sure what will happen when the butterflies subside, I'm not sure they ever will. But I do believe our roots have become so entwined that I don't worry about it. I won't lie and say I don't think about all of the in-love things, because I do, but when I think of you, I think of all of the other things first. Although I sometimes think of the day I marry you, I think of being married to you more. Although I sometimes think of going out together alone, more often I think about doing things as a family like camping, boating, fishing, and playing. Although I sometimes think of the morning kisses, I more often think of the afternoon walks, making dinner together, visiting your parents, and just being. I want to live my life with you, those are things that make up my dreams.

So, although I don't believe our in-love will ever fade away, when or if it does I know that I will be perfectly content just loving you, today, tomorrow and the rest of our lives. I take back what I said earlier, I think this is the best part.

And Jeffery, I Blue Heart love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment