Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Day 1 Today has been Rough

There have been a lot of tears, a lot of smiles, and a lot of thoughts running through my mind. It's so hard to believe that just yesterday morning Liam was getting picked up and we had the weekend ahead of us. I have never been more sure of any man in my life.

Mother came over when Liam was dropped off today and she immediately asked him about you. "Where's JJ?" she asked.
"At work." Liam replied.
"At work?" Mom asked.
"On a ship, in the water." He says.
Mom looks at me astounded. I've never told him that, I don't know where he learned that but he couldn't be more right. We went inside and drank JJ's juice, inquired about JJ's red sneakers, played with JJ's T-shirts and missed JJ, terribly.

I loved FaceTiming with you. I loved seeing you, hearing your voice, feeling that much closer to you. I can't imagine what tomorrow will be like knowing that I can't see you and won't see you. My eyes have been like waterworks lately, out of control! I have so much love and emotions for you. As I went for a walk today, you were the only thing that occupied my thoughts. I couldn't for one moment forget about you, mostly because I can't for one moment think about anything else other than you.

I worry about you flying. I know how safe it is, I know you do it all the time, and I know you'll be ok; but I still can't help but worry. You've sent me lots of pictures and I couldn't be more happy about it. I love seeing your face if only in photos and I don't know what I will do tomorrow morning when I wake up to an empty bed. I'm thinking I may spray the pillows on your side of the bed with cologne. You may need to buy more when you return. ;) I suppose I'll go lay in bed and think about you until you write me when you land and let me know you've arrived safely and without incident. (Sorry I was asleep when you wrote.)

You make all of the wrong paths before you completely worth the journey, because without them I wouldn't know to appreciate you, and you deserve so much more than even that...

And Jeffery, I Blue Heart love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment