Thursday, March 13, 2014

Day 3 A Sick Saturday with Mommy

Last night was an EXTREMELY long night. As I'm sure you're used to, Liam had one of those nights where he wakes up every half hour crying. I tried everything I just couldn't get him to sleep comfortably. He had a runny nose, a cough, was sweating bullets and was just extremely cranky! Nina had promised to come over this morning and bring Liam a new lego train set he'd been asking everyone for, so we called her after we were out of bed and she came over after we were done making Liam some eggs and toast. I decided the best thing I could do would be to load Liam up with Orange juice and pray for the best.

We probably went through a box of tissues, they were all over the place as were his toys. We bummed around the house as it was pretty cold outside and all I wanted was to get Liam better. We built lego toys together, made meals in Liam's kitchen, did some coloring and I cleaned up my sewing desk and part of the closet. We probably watched 4 kids movies today on top of all the Disney shows that were on TV. I think we may have watched the third Shrek at least four times.

We took a long nap and Nina and Papa came over to check on us. Liam proceeded to show Papa how the train worked and we got ready for an early bed. We had a warm bath to put Liam to bed and hopefully wash away his cold. This is where I learned that I apparently have been doing bath time wrong as the ritual has changed. I learned that we swirl the warm water in and sing "Ring around the Liam". I learned that the bath toys go in time out and I learned that we now say goodbye to the dirty water. I love how great you are with him love! Here's to hoping that tonight is better than last night... I'm so tired!!!

And Jeffery, I Blue Heart love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment