Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Day 1 You Spoil Me


What a day! From your early morning text from the renters, to the crazy snowy weather, and delayed flight, the 2 minute missed flight, the check-up and your late night drive into Texas; you sure had one long day! My day was not nearly as stressful but proved to be quite difficult regardless.

You certainly spoil me! How do you expect me to just jump back into the routine like that? It was so difficult. Trying to get both of us up, dressed and out the door by 8:00, along with packing breakfast, lunch, etc was quite a feat. The entire time you were here, I completely appreciated everything you did for me, so I'm not going to say I was shocked when you left at how much I had to pick up for myself, but I will admit that it was a TON of work.

I made it, just barely, perhaps a little late, but I made it! At lunch time, I went with Mom to test-drive one of the new Subaru's. It is the same blue as mine and handled just as well in the snow. We took it down the most terrible road just to make sure. Let's not forget that Mom chose one of the coldest days of the year to look at vehicles. We had a good time anyway and then decided to pick up McDonald's for lunch, it was so worth it!

After work, I picked up Liam and headed home to stay warm with him. We got home and lodged ourselves in front of the fireplace and texted Roo who immediately stopped by to see us! She stayed a while and we chatted, caught up and let the weight of yesterday truly sink in. K texted me to let me know they were going to Mongo for dinner and of course I had to tag along!

We showed up at Mongo to find out their furnace was broken, I should have been able to tell from the outside when I noticed a sheet of ice covering the windows. They stashed us in the back room with some space heaters and we had a great dinner, temperature aside. Liam and I returned home to curl up and get some shut eye while you finished your long trip to Texas!

I love you sweetie! It seems like every time home is that much more special than the time before it! I love being your wife and love all the time we spend together. This time was slightly different with the lack of wine consumption but still just as cozy and beautiful. Sorry I was so sick! I am so glad for that to be over! I miss you already!

And Jeffery, I Blue Heart love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment