Friday, October 4, 2013

Day 25 I Cook With Wine

Tonight I had Mom and Bry Bry over for dinner. With all the various places to eat in my life and fabulous restaurants I frequent, it is not often I make dinner when you are away. Unless I am inviting my Mother over in which case I like to have a little fun and explore...

I always see this sign that so many people have in their kitchens and I'm pretty sure I need to make or buy one for mine. It says, "I always cook with wine, sometimes I even put it in the food." Mom came over tonight with a fabulous bottle of wine and we drank, talked and I cooked. Mom picked some squash out of her garden, so I used your mother's recipe and made fried squash. For my first time making it, it didn't turn out too bad. I learned the oil does not need to be scalding to cook it and in fact if it is too hot it will immediately burn the batter! :)

I also made Kale chips per a recipe my neighbor Julie gave me... either I can't follow a recipe or they are a terrible idea, either way, they went straight into the trash! I cooked up a mix of veggies and added some chicken for Bry Bry. Overall, I made a mess but learned a ton and after dishes I felt quite accomplished for the evening. I often think about how wonderful it will be when cooking, baking, gardening, cleaning and taking care of kiddos are what my life consists of. It will be glorious! ;)

For the first time in a while you were able to FaceTime with Liam which was fun, it is always nice when you can reaffirm your presence in his life. You had a wonderful chat with your parents tonight and you and I talked a lot about buying houses and making future plans. I cannot wait until you are home and everything seems so much more real... you are real right?

And Jeffery, I Blue Heart love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment