Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Day 10 All of Those Things That Get in the Way Are Called Life

The first time I made you dinner...

I don't know what was going on in my head. Why would I choose a meal I had never made before? Why am I never on time? Why are you so fabulous when everything goes astray. Moment number 2,563 that I realized you were the one:

You're starving, you've spent over 7 hours in a car, you're tired, I'm running behind, who knows what I'm cooking and my house is half a mess. Liam is crankier than all get-out, he's screaming in the background and has been for the last 40 minutes, dinner is getting cold, I have food all over my clothes, baby snot on my shoulder. We finish eating, dinner was ok, I may or may not have dropped the pot of sauce on the way to the sink splattering sauce all over the kitchen. I finish dishes and walk into the living room expecting you to have your running shoes on for a mad dash to the door and...

There you are, sitting on the couch, Liam on your lap, reading him the new book you bought him. There literally aren't words and as I write this there are uncontrollable tears leaking from my eyes. How do you do it? I am the luckiest person in the world and you have no idea how completely special you are! Thank you!

And Jeffery, I Blue Heart love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment