Monday, December 2, 2013

Day 28 Dad's Night

Today is Monday, and as per usual Mondays are so hard. I cannot wait for the day when I can stay home with all of our terrors and clean this house that lately has slipped between the cracks. After work, I went to Dad's for dinner. We had tilapia, egg noodles, and cream of corn. I topped this off with a blue moon rather than my typical glass of wine, I was craving a beer.

We talked a lot at dinner, we talked about you and how excited I was for you to come home. I cannot wait! I ran to Mom's on the way home to check on Salem and let him out with Mom gone.

Tonight in my Facetime with you we discussed a topic I am not rather fond of. We talked about guns. It is not that I don't like them, want to limit them, or think we could live without them. The problem I think I have, relates to the shear power of a firearm, the distance between you and the target and the long list of horror stories involving guns. While the vast majority of gun owners remain fine, I sometimes question the exception and constantly pray that it is never me. Although I recognize, at some point, Liam will likely own and operate a gun, the mere thought scares me. I suppose the old adage holds true:

"We all fear what we do not understand." -Dan Brown

Although I hope to someday (possibly) understand them a little better, I'm still not sure I will ever be comfortable with them or welcome them with open arms. I generally in life do not like to take unnecessary risks and therefore this will be something I struggle with most of my life as I do with dogs.

Although these conversations are sometimes hard to have, I think they are ultimately important to a successful healthy relationship, and that is what I want.

And Jeffery, I Blue Heart love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment